Monday, September 25, 2006

I Must Be Mental

I must be mental because the folks at Golf Mental Mastery have contacted me and are now a (assumedly proud) sponsor of the Bad Golf Blog. Also, the folks at Golf Mental Mastery are so confident in their product they are sending me a copy of the Golf Mental Mastery CD which I will tryout and review in a future article.

Now keep in mind, I'm a bad golfer, and I'm proud of that fact. But that doesn't mean I don't want to get better and this year my game's made big improvements. So far I've focused on clubs and lessons -- physical aspects of the game. I'm excited to take it to the next level and see if some mental conditioning also helps me cut a couple of strokes off my game.

Now here's the caveat, they are a sponsor of this page. So how can I give their product an honest review? Well, it's not like they're Disneyland and I'm ABC for christsake. I write this blog because I enjoy it and I get feedback from my readers which encourages me. This blog is also good for my mental game because if I'm having a crappy day on the course I just think: "Well, at least I'll have something for the blog." So, I'm not in it for the money. They're confident in the product, I want to cut strokes off my game. In a win-win world it will work and I'll love it and it will get a glowing review (which some of you cynics will be skeptical of) and they'll continue to sponsor the site. In the meantime, I think you should support them for no other reason than they're supporting me. So, if you're interested in helping your mental game out and in a round-about way supporting the blog, don't wait for my review, check out Golf Mental Mastery for yourself and let me know what you think. Maybe we'll have different opinions.

Cheers!

Rob

2 comments:

TC The Terrible said...

I've always thought that if I could get my mind right I could be a good golfer. Of course not drinking on the course might help too.

test said...

Yeah, but that would be no fun.

I think my first vblog entry is going to be a film of me trying to drink 18 shots of scotch to prove or disprove the myth of why there are 18 holes on a golf course :).

Cheers!

Rob